Collection of municipal waste
NEW used kitchen oil collection points: List of containers and guidelines for their depositing.
Due to the touristic nature of the municipality, the concentration of economic activity around its services in the summer months, generating specific requirements in the form of organization and the provision of collection services.
These requirements are:
- to minimize heavy traffic in tourist areas
- to adapt the collection schedules in relation to leisure and rest times
- to eliminate visual pollution and smells in summer
- to increase the collection frequencies of the five fractions (packaging, paper and cardboard, glass, organic and waste)
- to guarantee the technical and economic sustainability of the service.
To respond to these demands, the Municipal Ordinance draws a model based on the selective collection of large producers (hotels, marinas, supermarkets) inside their facilities; in the delimitation of Zones P (first lines) with selective collection/recycling collection as a complementary offer, at a determined time; with collection in residential areas through differentiated containers on public roads.
If you would like to know more, click here.
For residents and businesses not classified as singular generators (that is, not located in P Areas, nor in the Polígon de Son Bugadelles, nor others specified in the ordinance), called "domestic generators".
Waste fraction Recycling to be done through containers on public roads:
- Daily pick up in the morning.
- Depositing schedule of waste in containers: from 19 h. to 6 h.
Recycling of cardboard and packaging through containers on public roads:
- Pick up in morning or afternoon shift.
- The depositing of waste in these containers, may be done at any time.
Recycled glass in containers on public roads:
- Pick up in the morning or afternoon shift.
- The schedule for depositing in the container is from 8 h. to 22 h.
Other household waste for which specific collection has not been defined:
- Deposit in the Deixalleria (C / Illes Balears, 31 - Polígon de Son Bugadelles).
Collection of bulky items, electrical and electronic equipment:
- Collection by prior arrangement (tel : 971 699 202) or to be deposited at the Deixalleria.
- Pick-up by prior arrangement takes place from Monday to Friday, in the morning or afternoon shift.
- Maximum of five items or units per service.
Bulky waste is not part of the special collection service when it is generated by shops, services or industries.
Collection of Garden Refuse:
- Collection arranged by prior request (tel : 971 699 202) or can be taken to the Deixalleria.
- Pick up is from Monday to Friday, in the morning.
- We do not collect palm tree pruning because it cannot be composted. You can take them to the deixalleria in bundles up to 50 cm long.
- Under no circumstances will palms infected with red palm weevil be collected.
- A maximum of five cubic meters per service and three services per month.
Waste from branches and pruning remains that are generated by shops, services or industries are not part of the special collection service.
Garden refuse is not part of the special collection service when it is generated as a result of the pruning or clearing service carried out by a company or autonomous professional.
Garden refuse that is generated as a result of clearing or pruning tasks of uninhabited lots are not part of the special collection service.
The punctual collections of quantities larger than usual:
- Collection arranged by prior request (tel : 971 699 202).
- Pick up from Monday to Friday in the morning or afternoon shift.
- For more than usual quantities to be collected, notification must be given, at least 3 days in advance.