How to separate my waste?
At the moment, only organic waste is collected selectively in hotels. Until the fifth container is installed, residents of Calvià must dispose of organic waste to the rejection container or make their own garden compost
How to separate my waste?
The best waste is the one we don't generate. In Calvià, the production of waste is growing, and for this reason it is important to be aware of the need to consume with the least possible waste result:
- Avoid using plastic bags to go shopping.
- Avoid using plates, cups and plastic cutlery.
- Buy food in bulk or in reusable containers. Choose the product that uses less packaging.
- Cardboard wrappers and glass containers are, in general, the least harmful.
- Family-sized products generate less waste per unit of product.
- Choose products that are going to have longer duration and that can be repaired in case of breakdown or breakage.
- If possible, reuse the foil.
Tips to dispose of waste properly
- Do not throw containers and bottles with food or drink inside.
- Deposit the folded cardboard.
- Have a bucket for each type of waste at home (rejection, packaging, cardboard, glass) and do not mix them.
- Fold and compress the containers and cartons to save space in the cubes.
- Use an empty bottle or bottle to put the cooking oil once used.
- If you have a garden, use a composter to make fertilizer with your organic waste.
If you are a Calvià private individual and you want to get rid of furniture, appliances or pruning remains, remember that you can request the collection in front of your house on the phone 971 699 202.
Respect the schedule for depositing waste in containers
Waste: from 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Glass: from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Cardboard and packaging: no time restriction
Deixalleria: Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What is done with my waste?
The containers deposited in the yellow container, that is, plastics, metals and briks, are transported to the selection plants, and from there to their respective recyclers. Ecoembes is the authorized entity that is dedicated to the recovery of light packaging throughout Spain.
The glass that is collected from the containers is used, after a treatment, as raw material for the manufacture of cans and bottles. Ecovidrio is the authorized entity responsible for managing the recycling of all glass packaging waste in Spain.
The cardboard paper deposited in the blue container, is transported to the recycler plant in Mallorca, where it is pressed and selected by type to later send it to the factories where paper pulp is made. Ecoembes is the authorized entity that is dedicated to the recovery of cardboard paper packaging throughout Spain.
The oil collected in bottles is intended for the production of biodiesel in industries. Biomallorca is currently the manager that collects this waste in Calvià.
All non-recyclable waste collected in Calvià is transferred to Tirme for incineration.
Bulky objects such as furniture, appliances, tires, construction debris, etc. They are delivered to MAC Insular, for treatment.
The clothing deposited in the containers is classified for reuse, selling it in second-hand stores or recycling the material. Humana is the organization responsible for managing clothes in Calvià.
Bulbs and lamps
All the luminaires collected are correctly managed in recycling plants outside Mallorca. Ambilamp in the management system that currently removes light bulbs and lamps in Calvià.
Paints, solvents, etc.
These wastes are sent to specific plants for recycling outside Mallorca. Adalmo is the authorized manager that collects hazardous waste from the Deixalleria.